Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The greatest loves..

There are a lot of things in life that I enjoy. For example , I love my family! I love my son and my husband more than life itself and I love being with them all the time. I love my new home and its location. We were able to find a quiet neighborhood, in the school district we wanted, with private access to the St. Johns River so we can sail, fish, and swim. I love sitting out by my pool every day watching the goats behind my house while drinking my morning coffee before my day starts. When I am sad, I can always be cheered up by the Beatles (which I listen to a lot now that my husband is living in another state). And then there is nothing like the smell, feel, and sound of the ocean! But the one thing that I can say I enjoy every day, no matter what mood I am in, is cooking. Its a passion I have! Following recipes, tweaking recipes, and even making up my own! I love it! I love cooking for my husband, who loves eating! I do love company from time to time for dinner because it means I get to cook for a new audience. There are times I will put on a pair of head phones and listen to my mp3 player while dancing around the kitchen cooking. To me, food is an expression of how you feel and depending on your mood at the time, your food will come out tasting different. Sir Thomas Moore described it best when he wrote, “A man taking basil from a woman will love her always.” This blog will mostly consist of recipes from my family book, recipes I have made up or modified, and then recipes that I have tried and will be reviewing. I will post as many pics as I can from what I have made so you can see the final outcome and I am always looking for feedback on what you think I can change, add, or if you think its just horrible or great!

No comments:

Post a Comment